Add and display partner website links on your site
When building a site, it can be useful to develop a network of links to partner websites, display logos and links to sponsor websites or to add links as part of a backlink building strategy. Here are a few basic pointers on adding and displaying site links.
The Links add-on
The Links add-on is designed to make it easy for you to add links to external websites on your website.
- Each link you add can be published with a banner
- Their order can be changed by drag and drop to highlight your most important partner site links
- Like all add-ons, you’ll be guided through the process of adding links in the site manager
Add links to the Links add-on from the Add-ons > Links menu of the site manager (see the first section of this tutorial on adding partner site links for a step-by-step guide).
Displaying partner website links
Whether or not you’d like to add a menu link to the Links add-on, it’s great for managing partner site links that you can use in different ways.
- Each site you add to the Links add-on can be defined as a “partner website”
- Once you designate a site as a partner, it’s link will be automatically added to the Partner sites widget
- Add the Partner sites widget to a page or side menu
Use the Partner sites widget to add partner site links quickly and easily to your side menu.
Adding links to a page
If you’d prefer to add links to site page instead, or in addition to the Links add-on, that’s easy too.
- Use the visual editor page widget to add links manually to pages
- Control the layout of your links pages using columns
See these tutorials for more on how to add links to a web page using the visual editor, and adding images to pages on your website (the visual editor makes adding links to text and images very simple).
Adding pre-defined link text
Often, webmasters with whom you’ve organized a sponsorship or link exchange will specify the exact text required to be added to your site.
- You can use their link text as the title text of partner sites added to the Links add-on or the title text of links added manually to site pages.
- If you’d prefer to paste the link code given by a partner site as-is, in a side menu, page or site content editable zone (in the site footer for example), simply paste the link HTML code via the HTML button of the relevant visual editor.
- If you’re adding the link code to a side menu, use the Gadget > Free zone (HTML) widget instead (paste the code as-is, and then save the widget and the menu template).